Internal bracings

Yesterday and today, I finished all the “internal” bracings as the one shown above. All of that went good.

But then I started doing the “outside” ones. A problem I have there is that I can’t or at least its hard to position the crimping tool properly. There are to many tubes in the way. The tool needs to be at right angles with the crimp, and facing away from the opening of the thimble if you know what I mean 🙂

So now I am thinking of getting an old crimping tool and modify it so the remaining about 70 crimps are going to be a lot easier.
Hopefully soon I can show you my new tool !!

Oh yes last week I started a new job, so at the end of the day I was a bit burned out, but hopefully coming week I can start working a bit on the plane in the evening’s………

Leave a comment