Steady progress

Didn’t finish the whole elevator as I thought I would when I started yesterday, but quite happy how things are going.

Right: my first coped tube, it fits quite well !!

After I did the first gusset plate, I decided to do it differently for all the other ones.

Now I first bend the gusset plate over the right sized tube, with my hands.


Then I put the whole thing in a vice, and leave it there for a minute or so. That vice you see below is so handy, use it for a lot of things !!!!



And this is the first half done. I think that part is called stabilizer. For now, it’s without the two middle “spacers”. I will put those in just before it gets mounted onto the fuselage.



And then it gets put in place, drilled, de-burred, cleaned and riveted, and bob’s your uncle 🙂

Leave a comment