All sort of things today, getting ready for next Wednesday, when the Bleriot is trucked to Blenheim, where we will prepare the plane for the big show at Easter in Omaka. I will stay there for up to 5 days, and hopefully by the end of those days, it will have made some flights !!!
Yesterday I picked up the cable guides for the elevator, and today (after dropping of my parents at the airport who flew back home to the Netherlands) I started doing the cables for the elevator. Yes looking good, but might have to do one more little thing. In neutral position, the two cables are nice and tight but going forward and backwards, the is less tension in the cables. Maybe it needs a spring.
Yes made up the cable guides at lunchtime and dropped them of at the engineering place, were Isaac is going to do a bit more welding form me so I can pick it up tomorrow and install the whole elevator control system on Saturday 🙂
In the mean time I also need to do some daytime work and have a family in the evening. But soon it will be finished 🙂
Reports a bit short these days, so much to do not enough time. But tonight I tied strings to the elevator control, to find out where I am going to position the cable guides, so I can cut them out of steel tubes and strips at lunchtime at work.
Man talking tricky, but we did it! Rudder light is working now.
After our big TV day last Sat, back into it.
With my parents here on holiday for the last week, can’t spend to much time, but yesterday and today I worked with my dad on the rudder to get the anti collision light in to it. Trying to get wires through the aluminium tubes isn’t easy sometimes, but almost there. The light is on the rudder, wiring coming out and a string at the moment through a longeron of the fuselage, so hopefully tomorrow just pulling through that wire and job done.
Light looks good on the rudder, or I should say hard to see, because thats what I wanted. Will show you soon.
Yes today I got myself a working rudder. Feels nice on the pedals, and good control of the rudder “I think” 🙂
And started rigging up the control cables 🙂
Notice the bit of steel on top to keep the fuselage down, now I have the engine mounted….
Painting the Roman numerals on the rudder:
From a distance it looks GREAT !!!! 🙂
I finished the vinyl on the landing gear and finished the black paint…