Got the sensor back that Warren made for me. He has his own business and makes current sensors with hall sensors, so the perfect man to make me a sensor to pick up the magnetic poles on the back of the propeller !
Below two pictures of the sensor, apart from the heat resistant sheeting around the cable, nothing else to see really 🙂
After I installed it I checked if it worked by connecting the supply wire’s to my car battery, parked right in front of the prop and used a volt meter to measure the sensor output.
Perfect, per revolution 4 times a 5V pulse, evenly spread over the revolution, as you would expect with the magnets as shown above.
So soon, I hope, connect the wires to the tacho and run the engine ……………..