Yesterday I managed to do the fabric on the top for the other wing so that’s good. This morning I finished the edges and started on the rivets holding down the fabric. Oh I switched wings, just to let the yesterday’s wing completely dry.
Looks simple these rivets, but a lot of work really, back braking as you are bending over the wing all the time, but I did it 🙂
After putting on the reinforcing tape and the rivets, I marked a 2″ wide strip around the rivets for the first layer of sealant, used for glue-ing down the finishing tape over the rivets.
I have learned that for fabric to fabric glue-ing, it works better to seal the surface you are gluing onto first.