This is whats been happening yesterday and today: Apart from family things, I started testing all 10 valves using the candle flame test. Moved the piston in the TDC position and pump it up to about 5 bar and hold the candle flame under the exhaust and the mixture inlet. Here are the results:
So a bit disappointing but ah well, just needs more lapping I suppose, and hopefully that’s it and no machining.
So I started with cylinder #3, and yes lapping that mixture valve fixed it 🙂 no problem !!!!
Then today I started with cylinder #4 and hoped to finish #4 and #5. Lapping both valves in #4, took two lap sessions 🙁 This means cylinder off, lap valve, cylinder on : A lot of work……..
But anyway after a lot of work for this one, my candle flame test gave me a good result. No more time left for #5, so hopefully that one can be done tomorrow 🙂 And then all valves are done !!!!!!!!!!!