Today my first job was to make a little “bender”. I made it from 2 bits of 4 x 2, 5 hinges and a steel trip. Works great !!! Really happy. The steel strip has a bit of a radius on the end, so when I bend the rib in this case for the rudder, it had a nice radius and no problem with cracking or braking, so that’s all good 🙂
The rudder is almost done now, just two more ribs to do and a few gusset plates.
I now realize why I had the problems bending the outside tube. Robert gave 7/8 inch tube but all photo’s I have seen so far and even my drawings suggest that the tube should be 1/2 inch. Spoke with Robert and yes he had made a mistake on his bill of materials.